Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bienvenue, Monsieur Pugh

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a huge fan of Gareth Pugh. When I saw his collection for Spring/Summer 2009, I instantly thought of eccentric performer Klaus Nomi. In fact, Jean Paul Gaultier's Couture show for Spring 2009 was influenced by Klaus Nomi as well. It's funny when there's a certain feeling going on in the world of fashion, that the designers seem to pick up on. I guess that's how trends are born.

Klaus Nomi (circa 1981)

Gareth Pugh Spring/Summer 2009 Collection

Jean Paul Gaultier Spring/Summer 2009 Couture Collection

2 comments:

Michael said...

Gareth is so intense. I love his runway shows.

Branden said...

Seeing those nice "V"'s make me sad more shirts aren't cut with a slimmer bottom. god forbid my shoulders be wider than my waist. of course if i just learned how to use a sewing machine i could take care of this problem myself :D