Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Aladdin Sane


I've been feeling so inspired lately. I've been listening to a lot of Bowie and Dead Or Alive. I watched a documentary on Pete Burns of Dead Or Alive yesterday, and he's truly fascinating and inspiring. I love his view on dressing up and glamour. "Clothes are a walking art. We look at pictures on walls in galleries. Why go to a gallery when you can stick it on yourself and walk around?... I like clothes to be kind of uncomfortable, so I know I'm wearing them." Most of my idols are people who have, to some point, become defined by their image. David Bowie, Róisín Murphy, Pete Burns... people who dress up, live glamorously, and don't apologize for it. I'd love a day in their shoes. Or should I say, their six inch Vivienne Westwood platform heels.

2 comments:

Branden said...

danger, danger! great pic.

Joseph Keirs said...

As ever, looking fantastic!