Thursday, August 6, 2009

Timeless Beauty

I've always been very attracted to the glamour of old Hollywood. I love the look of the 20s and 30s, the drama, the glamour, the perfectly arched brows, enormous lashes, and bowtie lips. I love women in make-up. It's so inspiring, and truly timeless. It doesn't hurt that my idol, Alison Goldfrapp, has adopted the look as her own and given it a modern twist, mixing the classic beauty of old Hollywood with the decadence and excess of disco and Studio 54. The video for "Ooh La La" is perfection. This is the look.

Marlene Dietrich

Carole Lombard

Bette Davis

Alison Goldfrapp

1 comments:

Matchstick said...

Marlene and Goldfrapp are some of my favourite beauties!I work for a Matchstick, a word of mouth marketing company, and I’m currently working on the launch of Little Burgundy shoe shop in Calgary. I am contacting bloggers in Calgary, hoping to invite them to an exclusive launch. Send me an email to danah[at]matchstick[dot]ca if you are interested, would love to hear from you!